Berry Street Education Model
Long Street Primary School follows the Berry Street Education Model, which means that staff use a trauma informed approach to teaching, learning and general practice.
The five focus areas of Berry Street connect with the development capacities that each student must build in order to be ‘ready to learn’. The five focus areas include:
- Body: Building students’ capacity by increasing physical regulation of the stress response, de-escalation and focus.
- Relationship: Nurturing on-task learning through relational classroom management strategies.
- Engagement: Motivating students with strategies that increase willingness to learn.
- Stamina: Creating a culture of academic persistence by nurturing resilience, emotional intelligence and a growth mindset.
- Character: Harnessing a values and character-strengths approach to instill students’ self-knowledge for future pathways.
Long Street Primary School provides a daily breakfast club. This takes place Monday-Friday from 8:20 to 8:45 in the STEM Room. All students are welcome to join!
Foodbank is happy to support any families who are needing help in the area of food supply, please see our Wellbeing Leader if you need assistance